There is no charge to activate a TCL Roku TV, or to create and activate a Roku account. Similarly, TCL Roku TV customer service and technical support are free of charge.
In addition, our customer support agents will never...
- Ask for access to your computer.
- Ask for your social security number or date of birth.
- Ask for passwords for your computer or your Roku account.
- Advise you to purchase any sort of anti-virus software.
Please note: The Consumer Electronics industry has seen a rise of websites that mislead consumers into believing they are the official website of manufactures. They often prey on consumers who accidentally misspelled a manufacturer website address and redirect to a website with the same look and feel as the manufacture's then try to charge for support.
What should I do if I have paid for support with a fraudulent website?
If you believe that you are the victim of a technical support scam from another company, please take the following actions:
- Call your credit card company and ask to have any associated charges reversed.
- Check your bank and credit card statements for inaccuracies.
- Remove any software that this company may have installed on your computer, and change any passwords for programs used on your computer that was accessed by this company.
Change your password on your Roku.com account.
- File a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center.